Saturday, October 6, 2007
Luke's little ears
For the last couple of weeks, we've been debating about taping Luke's ears back, and after working with Luke's doctor, we've finally decided to do it. As his head kept growing, his ears were sticking out further and further! I was super worried at first because I thought that having the tape on his ears would bother him. But, he seems to be doing really well with it, and doesn't seem bothered at all. We have to keep the tape on for about 3 months (!), but hopefully it will do the trick. We're using a product called earbuddies, and it seems like a good company. The alternative to getting this fixed this way is to have a little surgery (called pinning) when he would be older (say around 5 or 6). But, I would hate for him to have surgery for something like this when he is so little, so I'm really confident that we've made the right choice to tape. He looks a little goofy these days, but of course Dave and I still think he is the cutest baby ever :-) Here is what he looks like with the tape on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment