Monday, June 16, 2008

Luke's Birthday

Luke's birthday!!! Could a year really have gone by already? Dave and I can hardly believe it, and we're really just having a great time hanging out with Luke and watching him grow. It really does go so fast, and we're trying to enjoy every minute of it!

Luke's birthday was on a Thursday, which worked out great because he was going to his Papa and Grammy's house for the day while Dave and I went to work. We got home a bit early, and got Luke an Aleko's dinner of Chicken, Ribs, and breadsticks (so yummy!). After dinner, Dave and I gave Luke our presents, and just hung out and played. Dave gave Luke some Lego's, and Luke just loved them (as does Dave). They played together for the rest of the night, which was really fun to watch.







That Saturday, we had a big party for Luke at Huron Meadows Metropark in one of the shelters. Lots of family and friends were able to be there, and we had the absolutely perfect day for it in terms of the weather. Luke was pretty funny with the cake, and wasn't too sure about it. I swear it took almost 5 minutes for him to even try it. We all had fun watching and laughing, and Luke opened all of his gifts that day too. He's been having so much fun playing with all of his birthday presents ever since! We were so lucky that lots of our out-of-town friends, and his Aunt Mary from GR, were able to make it in too, which made it really fun to get to all be together. I can't believe it was just a year ago that we were in the hospital holding him and getting to know him.

So, the funniest part of the party was that I was enjoying it so much, that I completely forgot to take pictures! Thanks to Lisa (who took the video), Melissa, and Janet for taking pictures and sending them to me. Here they are below. If anyone else has any, I'd love to see them too! What kind of a mother am I?!












No comments: