Halloween was so much fun for our whole family this year, and it was great to get Luke dressed up and play around. Earlier this year, I asked Mason from Luke's daycare, "What should Luke be for Halloween?" Mason said, "A cow of course!" And of course Mason was right. We talk about cows in our household from the moment Luke wakes up, until the moment he goes to bed. Of course he should be a cow for Halloween!
So, I found him a super cute and comfortable cow costume that was really just like a sweatsuit, so he was able to wear it for most of the day. When I first bought it, he liked that it was a cow, but was a bit scared of it! We left it out for some time to get him used to it, and when we finally put it on him, he took on the true persona of a cow. He liked being dressed up, and ran all around the house wearing himself out with it on.
We had a really great day weather wise, and it was pretty warm for a fall Michigan day. I had planned to take Luke to the Ann Arbor District Library for their Halloween storytime in the morning, and then they have trick or treat right after that on Main St. in Ann Arbor for all the little kids. We headed down there a little early so that I could stop by my work to show him off. The, we went to the storytime which was really fun too. Luke was staring at all the other children, and I think was a little overwhelmed by the costumes. But, he really liked the storytime setup because they had an owl for a prop, which he was very excited about. After the story, we got to connect with my friends Kim and Keri, and their kids Carmen and Dominic, and Annie. They are from the Mom's Group that I meet with on Fridays at St. Joseph, and it was great to get to all be together.
After our fun event downtown, I walked Luke back up to campus to go surprise my mom at her work. It was great to see her, and I know she loved getting to see Luke in his costume. We had a nice lunch in the League, and then I walked Luke back to the library to our car. I put him in the carseat, and then got into the front seat myself. By the time I looked in the rearview mirror to back out, Luke was already asleep! What a big day!
So, we went home for Luke's afternoon nap, and then met up with my brother Steve at the park for a hike around the lake. It was still a great day outside, so i was glad Luke and Steve got to hang out together.
Then we went home to meet Dave for some evening trick or treating. Luke wasn't too interested in it, but loved getting to run around outside on our sidewalk. We went to some of the houses in our neighborhood, and it was nice to get to meet a few of the neighbors.
All in all, it was a definite success, and super fun all around. It was great to see Luke all decked out as a cow, which he thought was just too funny, and fun to get to spend all day doing such fun activities with him. Enjoy the pictures, and be sure to check out my favorite video at the end!
Cow on the go.
Ignore the messy closet
Thirsty cow.
With Luke's friend Annie (He's not so sure about that monkey!)
In front of the Ann Arbor District Library with Annie and Carmen
With Carmen and Dominic...Poor Dominic was so tired.
I'm so tired Grandma.
Taking a break from the cow costume to go for a walk with Uncle Steve.
Back in the costume for nighttime trick or treating
The Little Elgas Family
5 comments:
I love seeing all of the pictures and reading about what a great fall you are having. I can't believe that I haven't seen him for 5 weeks and he already has changed so much! Sending love from Thailand! Mary
He has got to be the cutest cow out there! What adorable pictures! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas, Luke will probably have grown 6 inches since the last time I saw him! xoxo A.
Nice State hat Dave:)
I LOVE the cow costume. He looks so adorable. And looking at all of your pictures from the hikes makes me really want to be back in Michigan. It's great here but there are no trees and rivers!
I Love seeing Dave Dancing with Luke on his Shoulders
Uncle Jon
Post a Comment