Saturday, July 3, 2010

Friends Visit at Janet and Dee's

Janet and Dee have so nicely shared their home with us this summer, which has really given us the chance to invite people to come and visit, which has been wonderful! For 4th of July weekend, we were so lucky because Jessi and Mike were in town with their daughter Eva from LA. I hadn't met Eva yet, and was so excited to see Jessi Star as a mom!!! Eva was of course adorable, and Jessi and Mike were just glowing with pride! Mike's brother Jim also came, and he was the cutest uncle as well. He reminded me a lot of Jonathan and how proud Jon is to be an uncle. Rosa had flown into town from her job in RI, and Kavi drove up from Cleveland. Later that day, Laura, Thad and Stella came over, and most impressive - Ian, Melissa, Zoey, and less than 1 week old Charlotte came too! I wish I had more pictures of all the kids because they were just so cute all playing around, but I was unfortunately too busy dealing with the chaos that lots of kids brings and I missed it! Oh well, you can imagine what 6 kids ages 3 and under might look like!

It was amazing to see my girls, and really just what I needed. I had been feeling so down about our house/earwig situation, and just really wasn't myself. I was frustrated and tired, and trying to push through, and I knew that some time with my girls was just what I needed! It was very relaxing and casual in that we just mostly hung out in Dexter, but the kids were pretty good, and I felt like I really got some good time with friends. We all visited on Friday night, and on Sat., I dragged Rosa and Kaveri to Hudson Mills fireworks. I just love seeing fireworks and Luke was really cute with them! They scared him a bit at first, but within a couple, he loved it! It was the perfect weekend for me.

No comments: